Saturday, October 6, 2007

Hot Hammies

I don't think these were originally called hot hammies, but that is what we call them now. They are super easy. You are going to hate me because I don't really know exact quantities, but it won't matter. Everyone I've ever made these for raves about them.

Rhoades rolls, thawed out. (seems like it takes this about 3 or so hours, but directions are on package)
Thinly sliced deli ham(10-15 slices)
Sliced swiss cheese(10 slices)

Flatten out each roll into as big of a circle as you can. Place 1/2 slice ham, and 1/4 to 1/2 slice of swiss cheese in the center. Wrap dough around meat and cheese and seal.

Then melt 1/2 cup of butter, and in a separate bowl combine 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, 1/2 TBSP dried parsley and 1/2 tsp garlic powder.

Roll each roll in butter, then in Parmesan mixture, then place on greased pan. Cover rolls in plastic wrap and let rise until doubled - about 1 hour. Bake according to directions on Rhoades package which is I think 350 for 20 minutes. But watch them to make sure they don't burn.

*If you thaw the rolls in the Rhoades bag, they become kind of one big dough ball. That is totally fine -- you just rip off what you need.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

pam, these looks so great, and they sound really kid friendly. can't wait to try them!

Jenn said...

Hi, I found your blog from someone else's blog awhile ago and thought you all had some good recipes.

Made this one tonight and I think it's a keeper! My kids ate it and I believe my husband enjoyed them too.