Saturday, October 6, 2007

Sausage n' Spinach Pasta Bake

Hi girls. Sorry I've neglected you lately. I could give you a list of excuses, but you probably won't think they are good ones since you could probably use the same ones but you've posted. Here is something I found in a grocery store add. Max and the boys loved it. I would post a picture with it, but we ate it all already. I'll have to remember to take the photo before we sit down to dinner next time.

8 ounces rigatoni pasta, cooked and drained (I think next time I would barely undercook it)
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 medium onion chopped
1 (8 oz ) container chive and onion or garden cream cheese
1 (10 oz) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
3/4 sweet italian sausage, cooked and drained (this is the ground sausage, not in a link)
1 jar pasta sauce (choose what you like)
salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 shredded mozzarella cheese (I only had monterrey jack and it was still good)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spread oil in the bottom of an 8x10 inch baking dish. Add onion in a single layer and bake for 15 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. Add cream cheese adn mix well. Drain chopped spinach well, pressing between layers of paper towels. Stir pasta, spinach, sausage, pasta sauce, and salt and pepper together with onion and cream cheese mixture. Spoon mixture into baking dish and top with mozzarella cheese. Bake, covered, for 30 minutes; uncover and bake 15 minutes more or until bubbly.

No comments: