Thursday, February 7, 2008

Brownie Trifle

This dessert is always impressive, and it feeds quite a few people with pretty minimal effort.

1 package brownie mix ( 13X9 inch pan size)
2 1/2 cups cold milk
2 packages (3.4 oz) instant chocolate pudding mix
1 12 oz carton cool whip
3 Heath candy bars, chopped

Bake brownies, using directions for cake-like brownies. Cool completely.
Beat the milk and pudding mixes on low speed for 2 minutes. Fold in whipped topping. Cut the brownies into 1 in cubes; place half in the bottom of your trifle bowl. Cover with half of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with chopped heath.

6 comments:

Kate said...

Wow, you've been away a while, but look at what you're giving us now!!!

Kim said...

I had this at the ward party. Very, very yummy.

Kim said...

So I just had this for the second time when I made it for a recent family gathering. I've decide you got robbed at the ward chocolate party and should demand a recount.

Vanessa said...

Thank you! I mean, how could I compete with chocolate bags. that entry should have been disqualified on account of creating false hope in the minds of the ward members that they, too, could make chocolate bags. not going to happen.

emily said...

Ah, it was heavenly. Just what I was looking for. Thanks for all the great recipes!!!

April P. said...

I found your blog from a friend, and I love the recipes...especially this one. I hope you don't mind me popping in for more great recipes. I made this trifle for a family party and it was a hit! I will definitely make it again.