Thursday, February 7, 2008

V's Chocolate Chip Cookies

There is nothing better in this world than a good chocolate chip cookie. Seriously. Nothing cheers me up better than cookie. I have been perfecting this recipe for years. Hope you like it!

2 1/4 cups flour (I get the best results when I spoon in to the measuring cup, and then level it off )
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
a dash to 1/8 tsp cinnamon (i like about 2 shakes out of the container)
1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter, hand softened
1/2 cup shortening (i like to use butter flavored crisco. I'm not a huge fan of shortening, but it just gives ccc's the best shape retention and texture. And I've found that if I use the crisco sticks, it freaks me out less. I think i just don't like digging it out of a vat.)
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs
1 3/4 cups (or just a little less than a 12 oz package) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional) (I love them with pecans) (jared devours these with pecans) (no pressure) (they are still pretty great without pecans).

Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Beat butter, shortening, sugars, and vanilla extract until creamy. Add eggs, beat well. Add your dry ingredients mixture to this about a 1/2 a cup at a time. Stir in the chocolate chips and the nuts if you want them.
Drop by heaping teaspoons full onto baking sheets.
You don't want to over-bake these. 7-9 minutes at 375 is about all you need. You can tell they are ready to come out, when they have lost their shine. Let them cool on wire racks.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Jared insisted that I get this recipe after he ate the entire plate you left at our house yesterday. I think you should post every recipe you ever make in your entire life on this blog. You are a genius.