Sunday, September 2, 2007

Oreo Peanut Butter Truffles


36 Oreo Cookies (1 package)
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips

Take out 16 cookies and finely crush them, set aside. Chop the remaining oreo's. Combine the chopped Oreo's with the peanut butter. Roll the pb and oreo mixture into 1-inch balls. This can be kind of tricky on account of peanut butter being one of the stickiest substances on earth. I find that I have rinse my hands about every 3-4 balls rolled. And actually, it is quite helpful to keep your hands a little wet. Ok, after the balls are rolled, the need to be frozen until solid. Melt chocolate. Dip the frozen balls into the melted chocolate to coat. Then, roll them in the finely crushed oreo's to coat. Put on wax paper. Refrigerate 30 minutes before eating. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
I got this recipe about 6 years ago off of the back of an oreo package. It is seriously one of the best things I have ever eaten. I mean, oreo's, pb and chocolate, you can't really go wrong with that combination of goodness. My friend Lindsay raised a good question after trying one yesterday. She said, "why have I never had anything like this before?" My answer to her is, "I don't know Lindsay, but now that you have, today is the first day of the rest of your life." Well, not really... but they are pretty great.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Vanessa--
All I can so is OH BABY! I can't wait to eat these. I opened the blog page with my next door neighbor standing next to me and we both just said "oohhh!"
Love ya,
Kate

pamela said...

i remember these, and i remember absolutely loving them. you must have had the recipe longer than you say because you made them when we were living in that one place that summer where the girl wanted us to squeegee the shower.

suzy said...

Vanessa,
I make these occasionally and they are a big hit! They are a little time consuming, but worth it.

suzy said...

Vanessa,
I make these occasionally and they are a big hit! They are a little time consuming, but worth it.